Re: New TSG results

John -

Thank you for your write up below on the Jon Tebbs circuit. As you know, I
built it
too. It worked excellent up until I fired up the coil and I killed the pnp
tranny
and 555. I've been talking with Jon offline periodically about this
occurance. I
also pulled out the MOT diode and found I had a H.O.T. with an internal damper
which I replaced it with. As I was nearing completing my board check
(scoping out
the signals), the scope went out (it's always done this). I spent the rest
of last
Saturday trying to resolve the scope problem and haven't got back to the
circuit.

I am curious how I killed the components and I'm leaning toward grounding the
board. When I killed it, I had RF ground connected to circuit ground. I've
since
removed RF ground, but I still need to get back out into the garage and get it
running again. Can you let me know how you set up circuit ground? Also, do
you have
the entire circuit at the gap or any part of it at a control panel?

Thanks and take care,
Bart
--
Barton B. Anderson