MOT level shifter

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

List, experienced coilers,

Not-current-limited transformers like MOTs and pigs need a
resistive/inductive/capacitive ballast. When using an inductive one,
it's value needs to be considered when designing a LTR-type main
cap.

Level shifters IMO are kind of complex capacitive ballasts as well.
Do simulations predict similar resonant effects like with inductive
ballasts? If so, need this capacitive ballast to be considered when
designing the primary coil?
NSTs mainly deliver sinusodial waveforms. Calculation of peak
current, peak voltage etc for the main cap is relatively easy
therefore.

MOTs with level shifters IMO deliver pulsed signals. How should I
calculate the relevant design data for the main cap?      Assuming
V peak to be 12 kV and I load to be 0.5 A?

Cheers,

Herwig