Re: Solid State Tesla Coil Book Available

Original poster: "Jan Florian Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

> At long last I have come to a stopping point on writing about driving a
> Tesla coil secondary directly with a square wave voltage source. The
> material is available as eight pdf files at http://www.eece.ksu.edu/~gjohnson
> It has more stuff on input impedance than anyone should want to know!

Wow this is definitely fantastic!

The SSTC driver circuit looks interesting as well.
I've been trying and breaking my head over how to do a resonance-tracking
SSTC driver with an autostart-circuit. Your circuit gives some ideas...

No I'm just (highly) curious, does anyone else have a resonant driver
circuit schematic?  And mind to share it?

Any tips or schematics would be welcome!

I'm trying to scrap together a simplistic CW circuit with a 555
and current sense transformer - 555 is used for startup, and the
overamplified&clipped current sense signal overrides the 555 later (via
555 reset pin) once high enough current is flowing in the primary. Haven't
tested or built it yet, tho.

 - Jan

--
 high voltage at http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla