topload (weight critical) for multi coil setup

I'm working on an idea for a multiple coil setup, and I'm looking for
inexpensive good looking toploads (spherical ok) that are reasonably light
weight.  The coil(s) are 3" diameter secondaries. The "gazing balls" are a
possibility, but somewhat heavy.  I need a dozen of them, and I'd like the
total assembly weight to be reasonable (i.e. not 500 pounds)...

A target price of $10-20 each would also be nice (i.e. I don't want to
spend $100 each, when I've got to buy 12 of them...)

Science First has 7 inch spun spheroids for $25, 14 inchers for $89.. I
think I should be able to do better.... Something that can be polished to
shine would be nice too...

7" seems a bit small for a 3" secondary, as well...

I suppose toroids, if inexpensive enough, would also work...

Ideas?