Re: VTTC operation, questions

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Shad,

Check used book library or :

http://www.bookfinder-dot-com/

Try to find an old copy of "The radio amateurs handbook" near the
1952 edition ( 29th edition ) you have all the information you
could dream about vacuum tube transmitter and receivers in
different configuration you have the most clear and simple
explanation about tube operation not with a lot of math formulas
remember this book is made for radio amateur not for EE. I read a
lot of thing but this one is a most ( I understand every thing
;-)) ). On "www.bookfinder-dot-com" I saw a lot of copy of it many
are in the target years and around $20.00.

Here is the content of it

	Frontispiece 	2
	The Amateur's Code

	Chapter 1 	Amateur Radio 	9
	Chapter' 2 	Electrical Laws and Circuits 	15
	Chapter 3 	Vacuum-Tube Principles 	52
	Chapter 4 	High-Frequency Communication 	70
	Chapter 5 	High-Frequency Receivers 	76
	Chapter 6 	High-Frequency Transmitters 	129
	Chapter 7 	Power Supplies 	208
	Chapter 8 	Keying and Break-In 	231
	Chapter 9 	Speech Amplifiers and Modulators 	240
	Chapter 10 	Amplitude Modulation 	266
	Chapter 11 	Frequency and Phase Modulation 	285
  Chapter 12 	Reduced-Carrier and Single-Sideband
		                  Transmitting Techniques  293
  Chapter 13	Transmission Lines  307
	Chapter 14 	Antennas 	331
	Chapter 15 	About V.H.F 	362
	Chapter 16 	V.H.F. Receivers 	366
	Chapter 17 	V.H.F. Transmitters 	389
	Chapter 18 	V.H.F. Antennas 	413
	Chapter 19 	U.H.F. and Microwave Communication 	422
	Chapter 20 	Mobile Equipment 	434
	Chapter 21 	Measuring Equipment 	458
	Chapter 22 	Assembling a Station 	491
	Chapter 23 	BCI and TVI 	497