Re: GB> Chaffee Spark Gap

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 12/03/01 6:45 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> In a message dated 12/3/01 12:49:37 PM Central Standard Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
>> The Tx
>> used two mercury-tip-pot rectifiers and a 9 point rotery spark gap, later
>> changed to a 12 point spark gap. ( just like your TC )
>> Robert  H
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> That's an interesting bit of history.
> Do you happen to know what the rotary SG was made of and how much power it
> handled?
>
> Happy day,
> Ralph Zekelman

The power supply was 2kw and the electrodes were bronze. I may have a set of
the original training and alignment manuels in a packing box if I can find
them. Brass oxidizes faster than navel bronze. I built a small version with
my dads help, He provided me with "monel" arc points. Monel is hard to get,
but dad had sources in those days.
   Robert  H