Re: Static Gap Spacing

Hi Erik,

At 08:17 PM 12/3/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>So would the RF ground be the same ground you have the secondary grounded
>to?

Yes, I ground all the RF area stuff to the RF ground.  Different people
have different thought on this but that's what "i" do.

>Also someone said that the lucite/lexon would melt, is this true even if I
>use 12 3" peices of pipe or will they stay cool enough
>Thanx
>-Erik

It depends on how long you run.  "i" sort of think it will not get too hot
unless you run for a really long time with a 15/30 NST.  You can use dry
wood unless you live in a humid place.  Glass is another option.  I would
just keep an eye on it.  If it starts to get too hot, a small fan would
easily cool it off.  I had so much copper in mine it is hard to say.  Heat
was not a problem with mine.  However, others that made my gap with fewer
pipe sections may know more.

Another person said they went from "my" gap to a TSG gap.  Maybe you could
bargain to get their old terry gap...

Cheers,

	Terry