Re: TSG update

Marc -

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> I have to ask here if anyone has calculated the air speed at the
> electrode of a sync. rotary gap operating at 1800 rpm?

My srsg would be 999 ips (56mpg or 46 knots?). If anyone can convert that
to volume such as cubic
feet per meter, this should give a good estimate of srsg air speed. Your
right, this would be nice to
know.

> could we expect
> any other gap to performs as well at a lesser airspeed?

I don't think so. I would expect them to perform similarly under the same
electrical stabilities. If
there was a forced quench created by rotational speed, then there would
have been a key difference.
However, quench occurs long before that in a rotary.

> I will put all other projects on hold and get a 5kva sustained,
> triggered gap together to try to quell some of the doubts.
> Mr. Tebbs circuit looks very much like a must try for me and i thank him
> for the work\time he has put into it for us all!

Agreed.

> And, Has anyone looked for any jitter using a rotary? With lead in on
> time and lead out on time, can 5kw run smooth at a sync. to line, 120bps
> rotary?

I'm sure it's there, but I don't know anyone who has checked this.

> Just questions, no insult intended.
> Maybe the stsg just isn't for every coil design?
>
> Marc M.

Take care,
Bart
--