Re: tesla coil trouble

Hi Godfrey -

Yes, first and foremost, Nick really should get in contact (join up) with
the Tesla List. From what I
can see, in the design arena, his caps and resonant tuning has been the
obvious problem. It looks about
a 15 degree conical coil with about 2" gap between sec and pri. Using his
sec turns and estimating top
capacitance on the coil will be about 17pF (maybe less considering it's
position), his tuning using the
0.075uF MMC (which was calc'd correctly), shows his tuning needs to be
about 3.25 turns of his 13 turn
primary.

If he was on the list, we could probably start gathering bits of info that
would lead to a successful
coil. In the process of trying to get this coil going, I'm sure he's ran
across some observations we
don't know about (like sparks eminating from the gap, the caps?, etc. (not
to mention his highvoltage
lines lying on the grass - depending on insulation, this could be a huge
power loss). All kinds of tid
bits.

--
Barton B. Anderson
http://www.classictesla-dot-com

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>