Re: Calculation of tank cap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ajones18-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

>Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

>You can run 4 in series by using the 600V winding to feed from one to
>another.. The core will (potentially) run at high voltage, so the
>outer transformers in this scheme need to be on suitable insulating
>standoffs..

Hi Jim. I don't really understand what you're saying here. I had in
mind to just wire the secondaries together and ground the midpoint of
the two closest ones. This would put 10kv on the outer two? I don't
see where the 600v winding fits in the scheme. Had in mind to just cut
them out and do away with them.

>It's also really heavy.  I built a set of 4 transformers to make what
>is effectively a 20 kV, 250 mA NST, by bolting them to a sheet of
>aluminum then bolting that to a handtruck.  It's more than 100 pounds
>all together...

I can imagine.

Alan
http://personal.atl.bellsouth-dot-net/~ajones18/index.html