Re: Zero Crossing Circuit

Original poster: "Jon Tebbs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Hi Barton,

On my prototype, I measured about 1.1 milliseconds to 7 milliseconds. My
50K pot is a little high in value. The 555's time interval in one shot
mode is 1.1*R*C, so 1.1 mSec to 6.6 mSec would be the anticipated range.
This provides a little over 2 mSec delay beyond the 90 degree points as
required for LTR operation. Feel free to juggle the timing components to
fit your parts on hand.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Hi Jon,
>
> Thanks for clarifying the schematic. This circuit looks pretty good. I
> think I'll have to
> give it a go. How much delay did you say you could achieve with this?
>
> Thanks again,
> --
> Barton B. Anderson
> http://www.classictesla-dot-com