Re: Panel and bench mounting of variacs?

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Sat, 01 Dec 2001 11:48:59 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

>Hi All,
>
>I have 2 questions about hooking up my variacs.
>
>1) What is the difference between panel and bench mounting? The variac diagram
>shows using different input and output terminals depending on whether it is
>panel or bench mounted. What's up with that?

The only thing I can think of is that if the bench-mount feet are also
the panel mount lugs, the shaft will come out of the opposite side, so
the connections will need to be reversed to keep the
"clockwise=increase" direction the same.