RE: My findings on 555 Ign. Coil spark maker thingys

Original poster: "Michael J Strube by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mjstrube-at-artsci.wustl.edu>

Bob,

	I've played around with that design too and have found that putting a
transistor (a 2N2222 in my case) between the 555 and the 2N3055 helps a
lot. That way you can keep the 555 output current at a more reasonable
level (by using the 2N2222 to step up to the 2N3055).

Mike