Doesn't running resonant also endanger the cap as well as the NST?

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

I note that a lot of posts speak only of danger to the NST if the cap is
resonant with the NST, but no mention (That I noticed) of danger to the
capacitor.

I'm wondering, wouldn't this high voltage also create wear and tear on the
capacitor too if the cap isn't designed to withstand the abnormally high
voltage coming out of the NST? Wouldn't the capacitor see the higher voltage
too?

snip

  A cap of this value can be used instead of a resonant or
matched value, to keep the voltage lower on the NST.

snip