Re: CD capacitor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I know for a fact that the foil is actually metal, and that it is conductive.
If you throw a CD in the microwave, the energy causes arcing along the
surface of the foil, and I can also discharge my pulse capacitor through the
foil. It's a pretty cool thing to see. There is a big, bright flash and
nearly all of the foil is removed from the clear plastic without any damage.
I also remember reading somewhere that it is aluminum. I think I might have
to investigate this concept some more, it's kind of intriguing.
                                    Justin