Re: Design for a phase shifter wanted

In a message dated 8/30/01 10:18:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi all,
>
>  I want to build a phase shifter to control my SRSG, for 2 reasons: 1) I can
>  be bothered to keep adjusting the disc on the axle, 2) I am a control
freak.

>  I know that they are kicking around - can anyone help???
>
>  Thanks,
>  Jason

Jason,

 See    http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

This will give you 90 degrees of phase shift, so you'll have to
first get the phase in the ballpark, unless you just happen to
be lucky with the original position.  The capacitor for the
phase shifter has to be selected for your particular motor, by
measuring the voltage across the motor, etc.  I explain the
procedure at the website, but folks sometimes don't see the
explanation for some reason.

John Freau