Re: Where to get high voltage diodes?

Original poster: "Richard Williams by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <richardwwilliams-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi List,

I bought 50 HV diodes from Moteva for my DC power supply. Unfortunately they
have a minimum order of $50. In my case though that wasn't much of an issue
since I wanted a lot of these anyway. With 40 of them I constructed a 60Kv
full wave bridge at 1 amp, two strings of 5 in each leg. Haven't checked or
tested about the current dividing unevenly per leg because of the slightly
different forward voltage drops across the diodes but I'm only running 100ma
right now anyway.

http://www.moteva-dot-com/moteva/main_page.html

THV512T
Most Popular Microwave Diode