Re: Latest WCSTSG

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Careful with this idea.  Ethylene glycol may have a decent boiling point, but
it has a fairly low flash point(the minimum temperature at which a spark will
ignite it).  Some brilliant engineers at my company burned down a building
with milllions in equipment in it for failing to think of this.  Actually, I
haven't actually looked at boiling point data, but the mixture of water and
ethylene glycol may become a maximum at some ratio of the two(it might be
about 70:30  EG to Water).
   On the other hand, water has the higest heat capacity of liquids, as far
as I know.  Why bother with the glycol at at?
Mike
PS,  the white dust is probably a film of tungsten oxide formed from the
primary arc.