Trigger First Light

Original poster: "Alex Madsen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alexmadsen-at-yahoo-dot-com>

For a picture of what I am talking about go to
http://www.geocities-dot-com/alexmadsen/transformers.htm

    I Just constructed a trigger gap and rewired my coil with heavier gage
wire (I also took out a few feet of unneeded wire). The trigger consists of
a PVC ring in which I drilled 3 wholes. I then pressed in nuts that were
slightly bigger. The electrodes are 1/8 in tungsten carbide. I drilled
wholes in the center 1/2 brass bolts and slip the electrodes in to them.
Copper wire was then wrapped around them and bolted to a hat sink attached
to the bolt. The wire was added hopefully aid with cooling and reduce
resistance in the electrodes. I am a little worried that I may have created
an rf choke but the wire is un insulated. However initial tests indicate
that it work a lot better then my previous SG. I am using a 600 watt dimmer,
4uf motor run capacitor and a Ford ignition coil. I also added 2 125 Vac
MOVs one over the coil and one across the power leads. I would use more but
that was all Radio Shack had.

Thank You to Brian for all the parts he helped me with.
The performance with this gap is significantly better than my old one. I
could just barley get a breakouts before and now I have steady streamers. I
was going to take a pic but I saw a strange light coming from under my NST
filter. Thank god only the connection to my NST had come off. The
performance should only get better from here.
Alex Madsen