Flourescent Light Ballasts

Original poster: "Jake Draper by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>

Hello,
    I was wondering if it would be possible to use flourescent lighting
ballasts as plate transformers for VTTCs or maybe small spark gap coils. I have
seen ballasts that output 1000 volts at a current of 800mA. I know that a plate
transformer on a small VTTC should be at least 600v at 100mA so why wouldn't a
lighting ballast work? Is there something wrong with ballasts that would render
them inadequate for Tesla Coil use? Just an idea.
    -Jake D.
    <mailto:cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com
    http://taradev.cjb-dot-net

IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved -
<http://www.incredimail-dot-com/imstampa.html>Click Here