Safety Gap, Grounding, and Secondary Questions

Original poster: "Jake Draper by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>

Hi, I was running my 3"x12" coil tonight and it occurred to me that I didn't
have any safety gaps on my prized 15/60 Franceformer. So I made some safety
gaps to ground. So I have 2 questions about grounding NSTs:

1) Do you connect the ground screw on the NST to the earth ground in your home
(3rd prong)
2) If the NST is not grounded, will a firing safety gap kill it because it just
shorts the overvoltage     through its own winding?

NOTE: As of now, my NST has the ground screw connected to the 3rd prong in the
recepticle.

I also have a question about my secondary, When I was running it, I noticed
some tiny pin-prick sparks on the secondary so I put some glue over it as extra
insulation. Will this kill my secondary or is it something that happens alot?
    -Jake D.
    <mailto:cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com
    http://taradev.cjb-dot-net

IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved -
<http://www.incredimail-dot-com/imstampa.html>Click Here