Re: MMC PCB

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 8/12/01 5:47:30 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<  I am laying out a printed circuit board (standard G10-Epoxy) for
 > my MMC array.  I realize the traces have to be heavy enough
 > for the high pulse currents but short enough to minimize inductance.
 > Are there any 'gotchas' going this route such as high voltage
 > breakdown of the PCB, etc?  Anyone else build an MMC this
 > way?

Michael,
I use a good grade of glass epoxy Vector perf board. It's pricey but makes a
good mounting for the mmc. I think the printed circuit board will not work
too well if and
when one of your caps blows up as I have had a few do. Then you will have
carbon all
over the pcb and it will be a lot more difficult to make the repair.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman