RE: Tungsten gap erosion

Hi Mike,

Yes.  Welding rods with a red band are all 2% thorium.  Some of the other
alloys have varying color bands but red seems to be consistent for thorium.
 Green seems to be almost always pure or non radioactive.  Apparently, the
non radioactive types are specified for nuclear reactor installations since
they don't want to have any "extra" radiation around so they are pretty
"tight" about how they are marked...

Cheers,

	Terry