Re: Tungsten gap erosion

Hi Michael,

I am not sure it is a universal standard but the bands on the electrodes
usually mean...

Pure - Green
Thoriated 2%- Red
Thoriated 1%- Yellow
Lanthanated - Black
Zirconiated - White
Ceriated - blue

The pure and the 2% are by far the most popular.  Many welders are using
the pure these days even though it is a bit harder to weld with than the
thoriated types.  The added metals help the arc strike better and be more
stable.  Even though the radiactivity is "small", many people just don't
want to worry with it...

Cheers,

	Terry