Re: rotary failure

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

> Well, so much for my effort over the past week to get an srsg running for my
> TC. I got it all built, with the rotor and the electrodes and the synchronous
> motor. It seemed to be running really well, that is until I hooked it up to
> my coil. First of all, my safety gap began firing like crazy even though it
> was set at the same spacing it had been for my static airblast gap.

snipperzzz...

Hi Justin...

My SRSG motor did the EXACT same thing last year in October...

by chance, was your motor close to the primary coil ???  like less than 16"
underneath it? AND by chance did you happen to have a few loops of
extension cord
or wire feeding the motor near the primary ( like within 2') ... If you did
than
your motor sufferd the same demise mine did ....  the loops of
wire/extension cord
behaved as another coil that fed off of the primary and Zapped the motor....

Scot D