Re: MMC PCB

Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

Hi Michael,
 I have all my MMC's on PC boards. There is one "gotcha" to watch out for.
Don't forget the spacing of the
traces has to be as wide as possible. You can't space your components any
closer than you can on breadboard.
 As far as trace width, you will probably want to coat the short PC traces
with solder anyway.
 After I did the PC boards I came to the conclusion that there was no
advantage to using PC boards at all. But,
since I had all the stuff here and paid for, I used it to avoid out of
pocket costs.
 You can get plain copper clad (way cheaper) and use a etch resist pen to
make the traces, then etch. It is not
cost effective to use the presensitised boards, IMO. Anyway the layout is
so simple it is hardly worth the
effort to etch and drill.
 Having said all that I will say it looks much more "PRO". If you want your
coil to have the best overall
appearance then you will achieve your goal.
Regards,
 James

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Michael Rhodes by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rhodes-at-fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th>