Re: rotary construction

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

> I have my rotary sprak gap just about finished, but I had a question about
> the conducting ring that goes on the rotating disc. Right now, I have a ring
> made out the aluminum used in pie pans, but I'm concerned that It might be
> too thin to handle the current that will be going through it. I'm running my
> coil off of a 15kV 60mA NST. Any comments on this? I hate to ruin my disc
> because the conductive ring overheated. Can anyone suggest a material that I
> can find at an average hardware store?
>                                 Justin

Hi Justin...

I also needed a conducting ring to test an idea....  sooo I took some 1/4"
copper
tubing made a ring out of it and hammered it flat and then started to mash the
outside perimeter more than the inside to keep it circular ( make the
original ring
a bit smaller than what you really need)  .... eventually ( 20 minutes
later) I had
a flat copper ring that fit the rotory disc...  I drilled holes in it to
attach it
to the disc ( same holes that the electrodes fit in on the disc)  I ran the
test
and it worked so well i left it on the disc....

it worked for me ....

Scot D