More on the STSG controller

Hi All,

I did a little more testing tonight.

I tried a Lutron FS-5FH-WH ceiling fan control instead of the Leviton 6681
600W lamp dimmer.

The ceiling fan controller had far less noise:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/dimmers.gif

It has more components in it to filter noise better and run an inductive
load, but it is still very similar to the lamp dimmer.  The fan control is
also a bit better built and the control knob works far better.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/dimmers.gif

The range is a bit limited from -2mS to +0.5mS but that is fine for LTR
coils that like -0.6mS gap timing.  I marked off the dial to show the timing:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P8090011.jpg

The Lutron control cost $10 and I think it is worth the extra money.  Look
by the ceiling fans at the hardware store.  They were not with ordinary
switches and such.

I also experimented with the direction the control is wired and more with
the load resistors.  The direction does not make any difference and both
controls still need the full 25 ohms of load resistance to give a smooth
error free control range without glitches in the timing.  Others have not
had this problem so I am not sure what is wrong there...

Cheers,

	Terry