Triggered gap controller

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Does anyone have a nice schematic for a variable breakrate, variable pulse
width triggered gap controller? Most triggered gap work so far that is known
to me is based on the "standard" light dimmer ign. coil circuit, which from
the way I understand it runs at only 120 BPS. I'm not the greatest at
designing circuits and figured I'd ask before I get going on this project.
My main problem is that I'd like to run my MOT coil on a triggered gap, but
120BPS is way to low, it operates best so far at my max controllable
breakrate: 460 BPS and it wants a higher breakrate, and I would like to be
able to controll the on time of the gap (which is doable with triggered
gaps). It would be nice if I coul get a circuit that at the top end would
allow me to fire an ignition coil to the trigger 'trode up to a minimum of
about 800hz and have variable "on" over most of the u-second range.

<< Jason R. Johnson >>
G-3 #1129
The Geek Group
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/