RE: Question about x-formers and spark gaps?

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Andrew,

I think that all these questions are answered at the Tesla mailing list
site:  www,pupman-dot-com.

MOV - Metal Oxide Varister - above a rated voltage, it conducts.  Used to
reduce high voltage spikes on power lines.
K - Kilo a thousand of whatever
KV - 1000 Volts
KVA - 1000 Volt Amperes measure of size of transformer.100 volts at 10 amps
out would be 1 KVA.
The answer to your last question is it depends.  What are the specifications
of the rest of your coil?  1350 * 8 /12 gives 900 BPS depending on how
everything is wired.  Others on this list could answer better.

Regards,

Pete Komen