Re: synchronous motor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

When I run the motor with the disc on the shaft, under the fluorescent bulb,
it just looks like a rotating disc, colored half black and half white. There
is not discernible pattern at this time. I don't even notice and moving bands
or anything, the disc just appears gray. I assume that means its pretty far
off. I think I'm gonna get my strobe light and calibrate it to flash
synchronously with another 1725 rpm motor, so I can see if my modified motor
is still running at 1725. I think it might be, because the pitch of the sound
coming from the motor sounds identical to what was before. I would test it
with a variac, but I still haven't gotten a hold of one.
                                Justin