Re: Trig. circuit experiment

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of
> Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>
>

> Hello Coilers,
>
> Having had some minor surgery yesterday, I'm home
> today "resting" so,
> I thought I'd do some experiments with the triggered
> gap circuit that
> Terry has been doing so much with.  You may find
> what I've found out
> to this point interesting, so I thought I'd share it
> with the list.
>
> I hooked it up pretty much as he'd shown in his
> latest post with the
> exception of no MOV's as I didn't have any on hand.
> With dual-stage
> Corcom filters both before and after the dimmer, and
> a 150 watt U.V.
> lamp in place of the big power resistors, I get a
> nice firing of the
> GMHEIC over at least 75% of the dimmer's control
> range.
Is not the dimmers intended function to only supply
the triggered voltage when the input is reversing
polarity, or near its ZERO CROSSInG PT? If the dimmer
is actuating the arc at 75% of (its) full amperage
level, isnt that  kind of overkill of the original
idea for the dimmer to act only at the proper time of
the cycle, as Marc M indicated?
HDN: needing some triggering knowledge?

=====
Binary Resonant System  http://members3.boardhost-dot-com/teslafy/