TC effects

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I have been running my latest coil (my second) and have been having some good
results. Right now it is putting out arcs about 2 feet long. I should be able
to increase the output with the SRSG that I'm working on. Lately when I have
been running it, I have noticed a low thumping noise of unknown origin. It
took me a while to figure out what it was. What was happening was that the RF
coming from the coil has been powerful enough to activate the solenoid valves
that control the sprinklers of the yard. When my tesla coil runs, the valves
open and close randomly. The thumping was coming from the pipes in the garage
when the water would start to flow and then abruptly stop. It's kind of an
eerie sound, and I can only hear it when I'm wearing hearing protectors. The
RF has also been affecting the garage door opener, causing is to turn its
light on and off. With all of this RF interference, you'd think there would
be a lot of TV and radio interference, but there is minimal snow on the TV
screen and zero static on the radio. The surprises never seem to stop with
Tesla Coils.
                                Justin