RE: Awsome first light !! but...

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

>> Primary cap is 9.3 nF, LTR with my 12/30 NST. So a cap safety gap is
>> unnecessary?

>	A safety gap is ALWAYS necessary!  In your example, the voltage
across
>the transformer will probably be double the rating until the gap fires
>or the transformer breaks down.
>
>Ed

Please note that I was saying that a safety gap across the tank CAP was not
necessary, as the main spark gap serves to limit the maximum cap voltage.
Safety gaps across the NST is an entirely different and unrelated
consideration, and I believe these are good medicine!

Gary Lau
MA, USA