doorknobs for triggered gap

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

all,
if anyone is looking for some cheap doorknobs to try terry's excellent
work on the control circuit, www.bgmicro-dot-com has 1200pf 5kv ones for
$1.95 each. i know we're talking 6 in series and i'm hopping it will
suffice with 30kv-at-200pf, but this will be what i'm going to order?
right now i'm thinking of using 1000pf-at-50kvac NWL capacitor to try it in
tc service?
terry,
do you think this will work? i could series two for 500pf-at-100kvac, but
these things are just so BIG at 2" square x 12" long. it seems like the
coils output will get lost in them?
i have "SOMEWHAT" everything you suggest to build and try, values may
very some?
great to here it phases so much and looks so smooth, can't wait to see
the difference in coils performance.
maybe the safeties won't fire so much with a smoother trigger? we shall
see shortly.(long night, no sleep tonight)
take care,
marc m.

(electrodes are on there way)