Re: Tesla's Myth question

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

(are we getting OT?)*

Tesla list wrote:

<A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

> Tesla had planned on using hydroelectric power.

	The total amount of water power available is known.  The total
	load is known.  Water Power Won't Do it.
	(and water power has its own environmental side effects.)

> People say that Tesla had bad business sense, and he probably did,

	He was a multi millionaire, when a million dollars was real
	money.

> but it seems that he was partcularly in it for the money anyway.

	One of the reasons for the Colorado Springs Notes was to establish
	a written record for patent priority.  He had lost in some
	earlier patent disputes, for lack of good records.

=====
As to Westinghouse, Tesla (by the written record, including his own
writings)
had immense respect for & gratitude to Westinghouse.  I'd be interested
in solid references otherwise.  Tesla (by all accounts) Voluntarily
surrendered his patent royalties, to help Westinghouse out of a jam.

==========
As to 'equivalent intellects':
	We have 'em.
	Lots of 'em.
	The problems mentioned are not readily solvable and not
	likely solvable with 100 year old approaches.   Newer may not
	always be better, older rarely is...

	Tesla left greatly detailed records on many things.  eg his
	patents	HAD to be detailed enough to describe what he said or
	they would be disallowed.  (There is no requirement that something
	work, for a patent to be granted....  Arguably there is a
	requirement for it to be 'reduced to practice', but this is
	not enforced, except when challenged...)

	best
	dwp

*Were getting there :-))  - Terry