Re: Elkonite

Original poster: "michael.tucknott by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

Hi Dave
I`v just been re-readin some of the post on the list and came across yours,
We use
copper/tungsten
electrodes on our RSG, If you take a look on the component page of our site
at:-http://freespace.virgin-dot-net/michael.tucknott/tesla.htm
I think I`d go along with Ed on this one, we did use brass before but since the
change to copper/tungsten the wear rate has gone up
some what, The ends of the stationary electrodes are looking very sorry, we
turned
up the thread on this as it came from the suppliers
are 6 mm bar stock.(and its not cheep). Our next gap, which will be a high
speed RSG
will use TIG welding electrodes which are made
of a mixture of Tungsten and Zirconium these will be mounted in M8 brass
bolts and
held in place with 4 grub screws.

Hope this help some more
Cheers Mike Tucknott