Re: Tesla's Myth question

Hi Teresa,

An old and well discussed subject here :-))  Go to the list archives:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/htsearch.html

and search on "energy transmission" for about 400 posts on the subject...

In a nutshell,
Tesla really tried hard to get his world energy system to work.  Unfortunately,
the system was very high loss and it did not broadcast power very far.  Tesla
really did believe it would work but "I" think the Wardenclyffe project, and
experts of the day made Tesla realize it was not to be.

Today we can get a few meters and maybe a block if one really tries...  The
losses are very high.  Transmission in the range of a few miles has never been
demonstrated despite very good attempts at it.  There is a lot of "talk" but no
actual "proof".  Recently a number of people on the list were experimenting
with power transmission but we have not heard much back??

There are all kinds of people who want to sell you books, plans, etc.  But they
are mostly interested in money.  There are a lot of scams that have latched
onto this subject to so be very skeptical...  Best to stay near Tesla's own
actual work to avoid the embellished versions:

Try the following:

Tesla's original world power patent:
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/TeslaPatents/us001119732.pdf

Tesla's diary of his work in Colorado Springs is available for about $40.  A
direct translation of his actual notes.  Might be in the library or they can
get it:
"Colorado Springs Notes"
Colorado Springs Notes, 1899-1900 (hardcover)
Commentaries by Dr. Aleksandar Marincic
This is a transcript of the handwritten lab notes produced by Tesla between
June 1, 1899 and Jan. 7, 1900. The book gives the reader a day by day account
of the months which culminated Tesla's decade long investigation into the
fundamental principals of wireless propagation. His dedication to creating a
refined system was astounding, with daily progress being made until a high
degree of satisfaction was achieved. Following the work recorded here, Tesla
returned to the East confident that high quality radio communications to any
point on the globe could be achieved with the equipment he had just perfected.
437 pages, 38 photos, many line drawings, hardcover.
347-CSN ... $40.00
http://www.tfcbooks-dot-com/mall/tesla.htm#371-TCBG

PBS has a great show that may be playing soon and a book that also may be in
the library:
"Tesla Master of Lightening"
http://www.pbs-dot-org/tesla/

Good web search key words:
"Tesla"
"Wardenclyffe"
"Colorado Springs"

Links that mention "weapons" and "free energy" can be ignored...

Not sure how far you want to get into this but you could spend days, weeks,
months on the subject...

Cheers,

        Terry