Re: Are Monster Toploads Really Needed?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Bart, John, Terry, All.  Would it be possible for me to scan in a
diagram of the exact components of my arcing Tesla coil (with no toriod)
to the list?  I can write down the schematic and all parameters and
components so that the toriodless mystery can be solved by the more
knowledgeable list members than I.  I have a Visioneer scanner and can
scan a schematic drawing but will anyone be able to open the .aim file
without downloading the visioneer software from the website.  If not,
then how can I post a scheme of my toriodless coil to the list?  Can I
convert my scanner file drawing to a jpg?   Anyway,  I can get the same
length spark from my coil no matter what the topload.  I simply need to
tune the primary for any given topload and the arcs will be the same
length.  A beer can atop the secondary will give the same arc length as a
larger aluminum duct toriod.  These are just my findings, maybe my coils
are just some kind of mutiods, you know, I made them without any computer
programs, so maybe, just maybe my coils are dancing to the beat of a
different drum, and maybe, they should not work at all, but they do!   If
I can scan my coil and its parameters, then perhaps you guys with the
computer tools can explain what is going on here!   Al.