Re: Bucket cap question

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <nieporgo-at-email.uc.edu>

>Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><ludev-at-videotron.ca>
>
>Hi scot, Duncan, all
>
>May be sodium hydroxide is more soluble ? May be copper is less
>reative ? one thing I know; here we have a product call DRANO for
>clug sewer pipe it's composed of sodium hydroxid and aluminium chips.
>
>Luc Benard

Sodium Hydroxide is completely soluble. Again, what we are looking
for in an electrolyte is a substance which disassociates (into
component ions) completely in water. For alkalis, we want to form
hydroxide ions, and for acids, hydronium ions. Ions are the charge
carriers that we must have to realize current flow. The more ions a
substance disassociates into, the more efficient it will help to
transfer current. Hence, deionized waters' insulating properties.
Greg
--

ICQ 95403614