Re: Big Triode,little knowledge

Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

Hi Jeff,
 Your way ahead of me. Tell you the truth I'm a little afraid of powering
up this thing until I
can check out the parts. I was hoping to check out just the Triode. If it
doesn't work the
project is on semi permanent hold. Can't afford a new tube just now.
 I was definetly going to ask about using a different signal source.
Possibly a simple signal
generator to about 300Khz. I know the tuning of the power amp would be
changed dramaticaly, I
probably couldn't recalculate the correct values to use. It would be great
to drive the base of a
secondary directly.
 I could at least use the HV supply, and stuff to build a more conventional
VTTC if the big
triode actually works.
 The panel meters read out in watts. If it is working I should be able to
determine output from
them. Right? Or does there have to be a load? This would tell me if the
tube works wouldn't it?
 If the 20 watt amp would work at low frequencys it may be of use as well?
Thanks,
 James T