Re: Vacumm Pups Source

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Ed

1. I have a really good one made some years ago by fisher
scientific. It's plastic but really well made better than the one
made for water bed. When I test it some years ago I get near
theoretical vacuum vs water temperature I don't remember the
value gut it's probably simple to calculate or to find a chart on
the net.

2. If you talk about a could trap use in vacuum production (
using a U shape pipe in liquid nitrogen ) no this device is
useful only for high vacuum.

3. The pumping rate.

I know in the beginning of the century people use mercury
aspirator and got vacuum of around .00003 inch of mercury. I
always want to try using a good water centrifuge pomp, vacuum oil
and an aspirator just replacing the water by vacuum oil because
this oil have a low vapor pressure. Who know as high vacuum as
you can reach with set up ?

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>