Re: DC rotary gap?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Have you thought about using an angle grinder?  I used
a cheap ($20) Chinese angle grinder with the rotor
disk built up from a stack of unclad PC board stock.
It was cheaper than dirt and the RPMs can be varied
smoothly using an ordinary dimmer switch.  The angle
grinder already has a 7/8" arbor on it--just chuck
your rotor on there and go.  You can even change
rotors as fast as you could change grinder disks, in
case you wish to experiment with different numbers of
flying electrodes. I've seen 10,000RPM Chinese angle
grinders as cheap as $9.99 at those fly-by-night truck
sales.

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg