Re: async rotory gap?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/26/01 2:37:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Dr Brian H Le Page by way of Terry Fritz <
> twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <B.H.Le-Page-at-surrey.ac.uk>
>
> This is an interesting idea.  I assume that it is effectively a static gap
> with constantly moving electrode surfaces.
>
> I suppose one could make it a rotary gap by having radial electrodes on one
> disk and the other disk ('stationary electrode') solid.  This would give
> ones' stationary electrode the chance to stay nice and cool by presenting a
> constantly changing surface.  Has anyone tried this or are the benefits not
> significant enough to be worth the trouble?
>
> Dr B
>

> mailto:B.H.Le-Page-at-surrey.ac.uk

Hi Dr. B!
        I have added this to my push-down stack of things to try next.
Unfortuneately, this stack more closely resembles a tar pit of peat bog, so
it may be some time before I can get to it.