Phase adjustment circuit

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CHURCHMON-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi all,  I constructed  John Freau's  phase adjustment circuit and I need a
ballpark
idea of what size cap's I need.I purchased six motor run caps for $30.00
,5-at-40uf ea.
,and 1-at- 50uf. When I connect up one cap I get about10-15% of phase adj. but
when
I start adding caps (even one) the fuse blows.? I'm currently using a 3 amp
fuse and 3 amp variac a G.E. 1/3 hp motor modified for sync.
I also have a 9 amp variac ,but have'nt  tried it yet .There was another post
reciently
where someone had a similar arangement and was getting 90% of adj.Could
some-one help shed some light on this for me?

Thanks again,
Mike Church  (CHURCHMON)-at-aol