Re: A Little more than general questions V

Original poster: "David Knaack by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>
> > Original poster: "Wade B AndB Anderson" <nabedaw-at-juno-dot-com>
> > The Toriod.... Most, in fact all of the toriods that I've seen
> > photos of ( with the exception of Tesla's) are donut shaped.
>
> A toroid is by definition donut-shaped,

Well, many donuts are toroidal anyway. :)

> a toroid shields the top of the secondary coil from spark breakout, a

When producing a toroid, how important is it to avoid sharp points
in the surface?  Are points on the inner areas less of a concern
than points on the outer area?

DK