PFC for my NST_2

Original poster: "Nathan Morris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <themfam-at-home-dot-com>

Cool people out there,

I was looking at the 'Computer Study of NST Charging Circuits'
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm>http://hot-s
treamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm  that Terry posted over the
weekend and it made me think of something.  My 40 HV Russian Military caps
finally made it in from Lithuania and I have been working on getting my cap
situation squared away.  I have also been running calculations for the correct
PFC cap size to use with my 12/30 NST.  The plate rated VA is 360 for my NST.
The calculation I found for figuring ballpark PFC size produced a 66uf for my
PFC.

Observation 1: I noticed (at the above link) that the PFC values for the listed
12/30's were not the same.

Observation 2: All of these tranneys had different tank cap sizes and drew
different amounts of line current.

Observation 3: The listed VA rating on the NST's in my group (12/30) STARTED at
423 and went up to nearly double the Volt Amp rating on my tranny.

Question 1:  Unless these NST's have been modified, shouldn't the VA rating be
the same on all of them?

Question 2: Does the primary cap have any effect on the PFC cap?  (NO.. Right?)

Question 3:  Does a PFC cap of 66uf sound correct for my NST with a 120v input
at 60Hz?

Question 4: Other than setting up a phase offset between the E and the I prior
to running into the transformer for a more balanced, phase corrected secondary
output on my tranny, what is the MAIN benefit of using a PFC.

--Nate