Re: Saltwater cap option?

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "David Knaack by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com>
>
>Until I get the caps for my MMC ordered
>from the Geek Group, I want to give salt water
>a try (not having to make SW caps again will
>help me to justify having spent the bux on the
>MMC :).
>
>I was watching the kids drinking their Kool-Aid
>brand 'Burst' drinks, which come in soft plastic
>containers.  I checked the bottom and it says its
>low density polyethylene.  Looks to be virgin
>material, its milky translucent.
>
>Most of it is 0.025" thick, the bottom corners
>are closer to 0.009".  Each one gives me a bit over
>20 square inches of plate area (at 0.025").
>
>I think I could hot glue or epoxy up the original opening
>in the top (a 1/4" hole) and cut holes in the bottom
>to add water and terminals.  Basicly just use them
>upside down.
>
>That should give me somewhere around 400pF per
>bottle, with a conservative voltage rating of 3kv, or
>maybe 6kv if I want to push it.  I think.  If I put 6 in
>series I get about a 18-36kv rating and about 60pF.
>
>Does this sound useful at all, or should I go for a
>party cup cap instead?
>
>Thanks
>DK
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/Projects/Tesla/capacitors.htm

The Geek Group has all your cap solutions :)

Duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group