Re: Effective application of flat aluminum tape to double curved surfaces?

Original poster: "David Knaack by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com>

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>
> > Original poster: "David Knaack by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> > Is there a way to get this stuff really smooth, or am I just
> > out of luck with this fairly tight radius?
>
> Thinner tape, [...]

I started cutting the tape in half length-wise and cutting sections
about 4 inches long.  These just fit around the torus, and smooth
down wrinkle-free.  It seems that this second layer of tape is
smoothing out a bit better too, if not for the 1" vertical banding
it would be quite pretty :)

I think it will work well, and wasn't overly tedious to construct.

thanks
DK