Re: Protecting NST's

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Jonathan,

I suggest you use an R/C protection filter and safety
gaps.  I have a simple NST filter on my web page that
seems to work well.  Also, don't skimp on the safety
gaps.  I find a Jacob's ladder-like setup made of
10AWG solid copper wire works well, and it is
self-quenching due to the Jacob's Ladder action (the
arc rises until it puts itself out--then the Tesla
coil fires up again--it's very fast)

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg